Sautéed Chard with Chile & Garlic
Spicy red pepper, garlic and lemon juice balance any bitterness in this sauteed chard dish.
- 8 ounces chard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Remove ribs from chard and chop leaves into 1-inch pieces. Steam until tender. Press on the chard to remove excess liquid.
- Place oil and garlic in a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add crushed red pepper to taste and cook until the garlic is golden. Add the steamed chard and toss until heated through. Season with lemon juice.
Per serving: 65 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 574 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (127% daily value), Vitamin C (32% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique