Sautéed Chard with Chile & Garlic
Spicy red pepper, garlic and lemon juice balance any bitterness in this sauteed chard dish.
- 8 ounces chard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Remove ribs from chard and chop leaves into 1-inch pieces. Steam until tender. Press on the chard to remove excess liquid.
- Place oil and garlic in a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add crushed red pepper to taste and cook until the garlic is golden. Add the steamed chard and toss until heated through. Season with lemon juice.
Per serving: 65 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 574 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (127% daily value), Vitamin C (32% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique