Sautéed Chard with Chile & Garlic
Spicy red pepper, garlic and lemon juice balance any bitterness in this sauteed chard dish.
- 8 ounces chard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Remove ribs from chard and chop leaves into 1-inch pieces. Steam until tender. Press on the chard to remove excess liquid.
- Place oil and garlic in a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add crushed red pepper to taste and cook until the garlic is golden. Add the steamed chard and toss until heated through. Season with lemon juice.
Per serving: 65 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 185 mg sodium; 574 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (127% daily value), Vitamin C (32% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique