I made this recently and it was good. Did only half a recipe with needed arugula. Then reheated and added fresh arugula. It was good leftover as well.
Warm Chicken Sausage & Potato Salad
This super simple bistro-style salad is substantial with potatoes, arugula and chicken sausage.
21 Reviews for Warm Chicken Sausage & Potato Salad
Made this vegetarian by using Field Roast brand Smoked Apple Sage veggie sausage, which had a better texture than other sausage substitutes we've tried. Delicious! I used 8 oz steamed swiss chard instead of the arugula. Definitely toss the potatoes with some kosher (course) salt before adding the other ingredients. So incredibly quick and easy!
Quick, easy and delicious! I used a sweet Italian chicken sausage and threw in some red onion in with the arugula and potatoes. I predict this becoming one of my go to recipes!
The best thing about this salad is the dressing, and it needs salt. We're not big arugula fans, but we know arugula is good for us, and the dressing made it palatable. However, the dressing didn't penetrate the potatoes; they were bland. As for the sausage, we chewed and chewed and chewed its casing. It was like gnawing on plastic. If i make this salad again, I'll try using breakfast sausages without casing--and a pinch of salt in the dressing.
Such a satisfying blend of flavors, my only complaint is that it's difficult to stop eating this addictive dish when it's time to be finished. So good.
Alex Ellis, East Lansing, MI
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)