The original magazine article had two pieces of information that absolutely make this recipe:
1. Serve with crusty bread and a pilsner style beer.
2. Put the arugula in the colander before you drain the potatoes. This method blanches it perfectly. I now use this method all over the place.
1. More salt, as the other comments noted.
2. Cut sausage lengthwise (and remove casing if possible) to avoid the chewy little rings
3. Use a 'lite' kielbasa instead of the chicken sausage if you're really trying to impress. Less healthy but so worth it.
4. Follow the directions. I'm notorious for adding garlic and estimating measurements and making outrageous substitutions. This recipe is perfect.