It was very flavorful and not dry at all. I would add more potatoes the next time, though, because it ended up being a lot of sauerkraut and too little potato.
Sauerkraut & Sausage Casserole
From EatingWell: September/October 2012
One bite of this hearty sausage casserole recipe—full of sauerkraut, apples and kielbasa—and you’ll be transported to a tiny pub in the Alsace region of northern France. Serve with extra mustard if you like.
4 Reviews for Sauerkraut & Sausage Casserole
This was really easy to make and so flavorful. I didn't have white wine so I just left it out. It felt like Octoberfest in a bowl.
My husband and I love sauerkraut. The bold combination of flavors is wonderful. I highly recommend it, especially in the autumn. I'm a diabetic and normally shy away from potatoes because of the carbs, but the thin and crispy topping satisfies my cravings for them without being overloaded with carbs. We will be cooking this again!
This dish was lacking flavor and was dry. Possible I didn't leave enough liquid from wine. Super disappointing. It would have been better with more juices.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)