Used cayenne pepper since I had no jalapeno. Also, used a bit less mushrooms (as I didn't have enough) . Loved it overall! Smelled delicious and the soup base was great! Becuase of the review added a bit more salt (about 1/4 tsp to the chicken), but I think it could have been find without it. Not a huge fan of basil though so may use less next time.
Saucy Coconut-Chicken Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Thai flavors of coconut and basil come together in this fresh and spicy chicken and cabbage stir-fry. If your family prefers a milder meal, forgo the jalapeño. Serve with: Rice noodles and mango slices.
17 Reviews for Saucy Coconut-Chicken Stir-Fry
Delicious, though because I read the reiviews, added about a quarter tsp of salt with the chicken. I think it could have done without though. Added cayenne pepper since I didn't have any jalapenos on hand.
Followed directions to the T and the dish was awesome....and I despise fish sauce, but it didn't bother me in this dish. It really remind me of a Vietnamese pho soup I used to get in San Francisco...I left out the jalapenos and used some sriracha instead. Next time I am going to dibble the sauce and serve it as a soup.
Our family really loved this, and I have made it twice more since then! I agree that it's not really a stir fry OR a curry, but that's just semantics. It's a great dish, regardless of what you call it. Fabulous flavor and it comes together quickly! (We serve over brown rice, barley or bulgur.)
Just OK. Not really a stir fry and not really a thai curry. It misses the mark on both counts. We tried it and now we're moving on.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)