From EatingWell: January/February 1991
This spicy sauce, seasoned with plenty of lemon juice, goes well with fish dishes. For grilled meats, add a bit of red-wine vinegar in addition to the lemon juice.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced Scotch Bonnet pepper, with seeds, or 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives, or scallion tops
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine onion, garlic, oil, Scotch Bonnet (or jalapeño), parsley, chives (or scallion tops), thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir in boiling water and let stand until cool. Stir in lemon juice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- January/February 1991