From EatingWell: January/February 1991
This spicy sauce, seasoned with plenty of lemon juice, goes well with fish dishes. For grilled meats, add a bit of red-wine vinegar in addition to the lemon juice.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced Scotch Bonnet pepper, with seeds, or 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives, or scallion tops
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine onion, garlic, oil, Scotch Bonnet (or jalapeño), parsley, chives (or scallion tops), thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir in boiling water and let stand until cool. Stir in lemon juice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- January/February 1991