From EatingWell: January/February 1991
This spicy sauce, seasoned with plenty of lemon juice, goes well with fish dishes. For grilled meats, add a bit of red-wine vinegar in addition to the lemon juice.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced Scotch Bonnet pepper, with seeds, or 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives, or scallion tops
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine onion, garlic, oil, Scotch Bonnet (or jalapeño), parsley, chives (or scallion tops), thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir in boiling water and let stand until cool. Stir in lemon juice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- January/February 1991