From EatingWell: July/August 2007
This is a Mexican-inspired take on the Salty Dog (usually made with grapefruit juice, vodka and salt).
- Coarse salt, (optional)
- 4 ounces tequila, divided
- 2 ounces orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau, divided
- 3 cups grapefruit juice, divided
- 4 grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Wet the rims of 4 glasses and coat with coarse salt (if desired); fill the glasses with ice. Pour 1 ounce tequila and 1/2 ounce liqueur into each. Top each with 3/4 cup grapefruit juice and stir. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Per cocktail: 188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Gluten free
- July/August 2007