Salted Caramel Chocolate Bark
From EatingWell: November/December 2013
With just a few simple steps, you can transform plain chocolate into a divine treat with this chocolate bark recipe. We stir in melted caramel then top this chocolate bark with more melted caramel and flaky sea salt—it makes a perfect gift.
- 2 cups chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (or chips)
- 12 caramel squares
- 1 teaspoon water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. (Take care to avoid wrinkles.)
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. (Alternatively, place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.)
- Combine 6 caramel squares and 1/2 teaspoon water in a small bowl; microwave on High just until melted, 30 to 60 seconds. Immediately stir the melted caramel thoroughly into the melted chocolate. Scrape the mixture onto the foil and spread it into a 9-inch square.
- Combine the remaining 6 caramel squares with 1/2 teaspoon water in the small bowl and microwave on High until melted, 30 to 60 seconds. Immediately drizzle the caramel over the chocolate and sprinkle with salt. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the bark and foil to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Per piece: 52 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 20 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, chocolate
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2013