Salt & Vinegar Roasted Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
We love salt-and-vinegar potato chips; why not use the same flavor combination when roasting potatoes?
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- White vinegar to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450&ordm;F and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with vinegar and salt to taste, toss and serve.
Per serving: 141 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 31 mg sodium; 630 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999