Salt & Vinegar Roasted Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
We love salt-and-vinegar potato chips; why not use the same flavor combination when roasting potatoes?
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- White vinegar to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450&ordm;F and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with vinegar and salt to taste, toss and serve.
Per serving: 141 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 31 mg sodium; 630 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999