From EatingWell: January/February 1997
Finely chopped fresh herbs, lemon and anchovy flavor this simple sauce. Try serving alongside most any grilled or roasted meat or poultry.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh parsley, preferably flat-leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme, oregano and/or rosemary
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine oil, parsley, thyme (oregano and/or rosemary), capers, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Per tablespoon: 56 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 161 mg sodium; 21 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- January/February 1997