From EatingWell: January/February 1997
Finely chopped fresh herbs, lemon and anchovy flavor this simple sauce. Try serving alongside most any grilled or roasted meat or poultry.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh parsley, preferably flat-leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme, oregano and/or rosemary
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine oil, parsley, thyme (oregano and/or rosemary), capers, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Per tablespoon: 56 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 161 mg sodium; 21 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- January/February 1997