Serve this versatile Italian green sauce on beef, chicken, fish, pasta or potatoes.
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine parsley, capers and garlic in a blender or food processor; process until finely chopped. Add oil, lemon juice, water and anchovy paste and process until blended. Season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Per tablespoon: 47 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 163 mg sodium; 25 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique