Easy to fix and full of flavor. My husband said he could have made a meal of it alone.
EatingWell reader Chuck Allen of Dana Point, California, contributed this moist vegetable-studded cornbread. It makes a fine accompaniment to stews, chilis and breakfast eggs.
7 Reviews for Salsa Cornbread
How long will cornbread keep? What is the best way to keep cornbread frresh for a couple of days?
This person ripped off the Mexican cornbread, changing some ingredients, apparently trying to yuppify it; follow a straight cornbread recipe and add creamed corn, plain green sliced chilis or whatever other soft vegetable, and forget all that extra stuff. Then you get a 5-star cornbread.
I thought this was just...good. The consistency was a little chewy a bit dry even? I don't think I'll make it again.
I really liked this cornbread! I used skim milk instead of buttermilk, only b/c I didn't have any, & olive oil instead of butter. I had self-rising corn meal mix so I used 1 c. of that & 1 c. of whole wheat flour. I would have never thought of putting diced tomatoes in cornbread but it's awsome! Love this recipe!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)