This was fantastic. Very subtle flavors, yet elegant and tasty. My 22 year old son loved and asked for more cucumbers. My mother who is very picky asked for the recipe. I used the best salmon available in Boston, but I think it would be good with Trader Joe's salmon too.
Salmon with Cucumbers & Dill
Seared first to add color and flavor, the salmon is then combined with braised cucumbers--an unexpected yet delicious way to enjoy that vegetable's subtle taste.
2 Reviews for Salmon with Cucumbers & Dill
Very bland & must use a non-stick pan. I didn't have one big enough so, I added additional oil and used a stainless steel pan. The salmon still stuck to it. Overall, the dish had very little flavor even though I added quite a bit of pepper. I was unable to taste the dill at all. I will use the leftovers in a salad as I don't think I want to eat this dish again as prepared.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)