Salmon Sandwiches with Japanese Flavors
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Most canned salmon is wild, making it a sustainable and convenient choice. The Japanese flavors in the spread are the perfect foil for meaty salmon.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 7-ounce can salmon, drained, picked over and flaked, or 1 cup flaked cooked salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder, (optional)
- 8 slices slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 1/2 cups radish sprouts
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and sugar. Fold in salmon, celery and scallions.
- If using wasabi, mix it into the remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; spread over the bread. Spoon the salmon salad over 4 of the bread slices, spreading evenly. Top with sprouts. Set the remaining bread slices on top.
Per serving: 253 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 44 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 4 g fiber; 582 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Calcium (21% dv), Magnesium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996