Salmon Sandwiches with Japanese Flavors
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Most canned salmon is wild, making it a sustainable and convenient choice. The Japanese flavors in the spread are the perfect foil for meaty salmon.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 7-ounce can salmon, drained, picked over and flaked, or 1 cup flaked cooked salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder, (optional)
- 8 slices slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 1/2 cups radish sprouts
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and sugar. Fold in salmon, celery and scallions.
- If using wasabi, mix it into the remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; spread over the bread. Spoon the salmon salad over 4 of the bread slices, spreading evenly. Top with sprouts. Set the remaining bread slices on top.
Per serving: 253 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 44 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 4 g fiber; 582 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Calcium (21% dv), Magnesium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996