Salmon Sandwiches with Japanese Flavors
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Most canned salmon is wild, making it a sustainable and convenient choice. The Japanese flavors in the spread are the perfect foil for meaty salmon.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 7-ounce can salmon, drained, picked over and flaked, or 1 cup flaked cooked salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder, (optional)
- 8 slices slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 1/2 cups radish sprouts
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and sugar. Fold in salmon, celery and scallions.
- If using wasabi, mix it into the remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; spread over the bread. Spoon the salmon salad over 4 of the bread slices, spreading evenly. Top with sprouts. Set the remaining bread slices on top.
Per serving: 253 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 44 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 4 g fiber; 582 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Calcium (21% dv), Magnesium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996