Salmon Sandwiches with Japanese Flavors
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Most canned salmon is wild, making it a sustainable and convenient choice. The Japanese flavors in the spread are the perfect foil for meaty salmon.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 7-ounce can salmon, drained, picked over and flaked, or 1 cup flaked cooked salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder, (optional)
- 8 slices slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 1/2 cups radish sprouts
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and sugar. Fold in salmon, celery and scallions.
- If using wasabi, mix it into the remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; spread over the bread. Spoon the salmon salad over 4 of the bread slices, spreading evenly. Top with sprouts. Set the remaining bread slices on top.
Per serving: 253 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 44 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 4 g fiber; 582 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Calcium (21% dv), Magnesium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996