Salmon Salad Sandwich
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Salmon salad served on tangy pumpernickel bread makes for an easy dinner—a double batch will give you lunch the next day.
- 2 6- to 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufch
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 large leaves romaine lettuce, cut in half
- Combine salmon, onion, lemon juice, oil and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each of 4 slices of bread. Spread 1/2 cup salmon salad over the cream cheese. Top with 2 tomato slices, a piece of lettuce and another slice of bread.
Per serving: 286 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 34 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 4 g fiber; 645 mg sodium; 262 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv), source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 2010