Salmon Salad Sandwich
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Salmon salad served on tangy pumpernickel bread makes for an easy dinner—a double batch will give you lunch the next day.
- 2 6- to 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufch
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 large leaves romaine lettuce, cut in half
- Combine salmon, onion, lemon juice, oil and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each of 4 slices of bread. Spread 1/2 cup salmon salad over the cream cheese. Top with 2 tomato slices, a piece of lettuce and another slice of bread.
Per serving: 286 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 34 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 4 g fiber; 645 mg sodium; 262 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv), source of omega-3s.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2010