fell apart completely, each time. stuck to the pan even with more oil added. I'm sure the flavor would have been nice, but this recipe does not hold together well at all. Very disappointed.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Convenient frozen hash browns and flaked salmon come together for a twist on this traditional Swiss favorite. We love the creamy dill sauce, but a dollop of ketchup is tasty too. Serve with: Steamed green beans tossed with sliced scallions, Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
21 Reviews for Salmon Rösti
My husband made these, and he wasn't sure whether to thaw the potatoes first. I think he used them semi-thawed. The resulting patties needed at least twice the salt called for, more oil, maybe a bit more pepper, and about four times the amount of sauce.
Love this recipe. The flavors are well put together: fish, potatoe, onion, dill. Sauce a nice complement. Cake crumbled apart while pan cooking, so I put each cake into a muffin tin and baked for 15 minutes: Perfect for me, a bit crisp on the outside, cooked on the inside. This is a healthy keeper.
Mine held together OK (barely) and tasted good. The outside was crispy but the inside didn't seem done. I smooshed them down as much as I could to get them thin, so not sure what else I could have done. Will be making them again so can try some different techniques mentioned here.
Wonderful flavour combinations. I paired it with some butter lemon asparagus and it was incredible.
Best results (not falling apart) when I used a spoon to pack down the mixture into the cup.
I added more spice and it took it well, used fresh salmon instead of canned and cubed hash browns (next time I will use shredded). Overall, a phenomenal meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)