The lemon is more than a garnish. It really enlivens the flavor.
Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
Simmered with carrots, turnips and thyme, the lentils make a lovely, hearty bed for the salmon fillets, which are gently cooked on top of them for easy one-dish preparation. Green (Le Puy) lentils are smaller and more delicate than other varieties and hold their shape better during cooking.
4 Reviews for Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
delicious! substituted parsnips for the turnips. this will become a regular on our rotation!
This had plusses and minuses. It was quick and easy to prepare and the lentil mixture was well-seasoned with the shallot and garlic. The salmon could use a little something else- I salted and peppered it before steaming, but I think more seasoning plus some parsley or ? Would have given it more flavor as well.
Ellen, Oakton, VA
Love this recipe. It is easy to make, tastes great and looks elegant.
, Toronto, On
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)