The lemon is more than a garnish. It really enlivens the flavor.
Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
Simmered with carrots, turnips and thyme, the lentils make a lovely, hearty bed for the salmon fillets, which are gently cooked on top of them for easy one-dish preparation. Green (Le Puy) lentils are smaller and more delicate than other varieties and hold their shape better during cooking.
4 Reviews for Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
delicious! substituted parsnips for the turnips. this will become a regular on our rotation!
This had plusses and minuses. It was quick and easy to prepare and the lentil mixture was well-seasoned with the shallot and garlic. The salmon could use a little something else- I salted and peppered it before steaming, but I think more seasoning plus some parsley or ? Would have given it more flavor as well.
Ellen, Oakton, VA
Love this recipe. It is easy to make, tastes great and looks elegant.
, Toronto, On
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)