Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Roasting salmon on top of Brussels sprouts and garlic, flavored with wine and fresh oregano, is a meal that is simple enough for a weeknight meal yet sophisticated enough to serve to company. Serve with whole-wheat couscous.
- 14 large cloves garlic, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 3/4 cup white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 2 pounds wild-caught salmon fillet, skinned, cut into 6 portions
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussels sprouts and 3 tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from oven, stir the vegetables and place salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 334 calories; 15 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 33 g protein; 3 g fiber; 485 mg sodium; 921 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Potassium (27% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv), Folate (19% dv), Magnesium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2011