We enjoyed this vegan dish that used a lot of our favorite ingredients: greens, beans, olives, garlic. I didn't have onions so I used a lot of scallions, and threw in chopped raw tomato in the end for color. If were 'great', I'd consider it good enough to serve to company. But it is 'good' enough for a nice, easy to make weeknight dinner.
Salad of White Beans & Greens (Fasolia me Horta)
From EatingWell: March/April 1994
During the weeks before Easter, the women and children of Hydra collect basketfuls of the wild greens that grow on the hillsides. The greens are used in salads and soups.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)