Salad of Mixed Greens
From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Use the best greens available at your grocery store or farmers' market for this simple salad. A combination of baby lettuces, such as lamb's lettuce, oak leaf, spinach, watercress and arugula, would be particularly nice.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed tea, such as orange pekoe or Earl Grey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
- Chive blossoms and raspberries, for garnish
- Whisk together tea, oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Add salad greens and toss well to coat. Scatter chive blossoms and raspberries over the top and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the vinaigrette (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 39 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (21% daily value).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- May/June 1994