Salad of Mixed Greens
From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Use the best greens available at your grocery store or farmers' market for this simple salad. A combination of baby lettuces, such as lamb's lettuce, oak leaf, spinach, watercress and arugula, would be particularly nice.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed tea, such as orange pekoe or Earl Grey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
- Chive blossoms and raspberries, for garnish
- Whisk together tea, oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Add salad greens and toss well to coat. Scatter chive blossoms and raspberries over the top and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the vinaigrette (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 39 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (21% daily value).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- May/June 1994