Salad of Mixed Greens
From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Use the best greens available at your grocery store or farmers' market for this simple salad. A combination of baby lettuces, such as lamb's lettuce, oak leaf, spinach, watercress and arugula, would be particularly nice.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed tea, such as orange pekoe or Earl Grey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
- Chive blossoms and raspberries, for garnish
- Whisk together tea, oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Add salad greens and toss well to coat. Scatter chive blossoms and raspberries over the top and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the vinaigrette (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 39 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (21% daily value).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- May/June 1994