Salad of Mixed Greens
From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Use the best greens available at your grocery store or farmers' market for this simple salad. A combination of baby lettuces, such as lamb's lettuce, oak leaf, spinach, watercress and arugula, would be particularly nice.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed tea, such as orange pekoe or Earl Grey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
- Chive blossoms and raspberries, for garnish
- Whisk together tea, oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Add salad greens and toss well to coat. Scatter chive blossoms and raspberries over the top and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the vinaigrette (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 39 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (21% daily value).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- May/June 1994