Salad of Mixed Greens
From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Use the best greens available at your grocery store or farmers' market for this simple salad. A combination of baby lettuces, such as lamb's lettuce, oak leaf, spinach, watercress and arugula, would be particularly nice.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed tea, such as orange pekoe or Earl Grey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
- Chive blossoms and raspberries, for garnish
- Whisk together tea, oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Add salad greens and toss well to coat. Scatter chive blossoms and raspberries over the top and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the vinaigrette (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 39 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (21% daily value).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- May/June 1994