The greens are very simple and straight forward but what makes this salad wonderful is the dressing. I keep a batch in the fridge and use it for other salads. It also makes a great sauce heated up over fish, chicken or seafood. Hard to believe it's healthy.
Salad of Boston Lettuce with Creamy Orange-Shallot Dressing
Light mayonnaise makes a velvety base for this zesty dressing, which can easily be doubled if you want enough for another meal later in the week.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)