Rustic Pesto Tart
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Talk about easy! Almost everything in this pesto-cranberry tart is store-bought. Although the tart can be enjoyed shortly after it comes out of the oven, it's just as good served at room temperature.
- 1 pound prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle work surface and dough with flour. Press dough out and roll, stretch or toss it into a 14-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto on the dough to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Sprinkle cranberries and cheese evenly over the pesto. Fold 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the border over the filling all the way around, leaving the center exposed.
- Bake the tart until browned and bubbling, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare up to 2 hours ahead; serve at room temperature.
- Tip: Look for whole-wheat pizza-dough balls at your supermarket. Check the ingredient list to make sure the dough doesn't contain any hydrogenated oils.
Per serving: 190 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 409 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007