Rustic Pesto Tart
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Talk about easy! Almost everything in this pesto-cranberry tart is store-bought. Although the tart can be enjoyed shortly after it comes out of the oven, it's just as good served at room temperature.
- 1 pound prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle work surface and dough with flour. Press dough out and roll, stretch or toss it into a 14-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto on the dough to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Sprinkle cranberries and cheese evenly over the pesto. Fold 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the border over the filling all the way around, leaving the center exposed.
- Bake the tart until browned and bubbling, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare up to 2 hours ahead; serve at room temperature.
- Tip: Look for whole-wheat pizza-dough balls at your supermarket. Check the ingredient list to make sure the dough doesn't contain any hydrogenated oils.
Per serving: 190 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 409 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007