Rustic Pesto Tart
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Talk about easy! Almost everything in this pesto-cranberry tart is store-bought. Although the tart can be enjoyed shortly after it comes out of the oven, it's just as good served at room temperature.
- 1 pound prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle work surface and dough with flour. Press dough out and roll, stretch or toss it into a 14-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto on the dough to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Sprinkle cranberries and cheese evenly over the pesto. Fold 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the border over the filling all the way around, leaving the center exposed.
- Bake the tart until browned and bubbling, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare up to 2 hours ahead; serve at room temperature.
- Tip: Look for whole-wheat pizza-dough balls at your supermarket. Check the ingredient list to make sure the dough doesn't contain any hydrogenated oils.
Per serving: 190 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 409 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007