Rum-Spiked Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 1991
Pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples are dressed with rum and brown sugar for a taste of the tropics.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and separated into sections
- 1 large orange, peeled and separated into sections
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 apples, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Place pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples in a bowl. Stir in dark rum, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Served chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Per serving: 188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 446 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (49% daily value), Vitamin C (143% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 1991