Rum-Spiked Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 1991
Pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples are dressed with rum and brown sugar for a taste of the tropics.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and separated into sections
- 1 large orange, peeled and separated into sections
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 apples, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Place pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples in a bowl. Stir in dark rum, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Served chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Per serving: 188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 446 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (49% daily value), Vitamin C (143% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1991