Rum-Spiked Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 1991
Pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples are dressed with rum and brown sugar for a taste of the tropics.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and separated into sections
- 1 large orange, peeled and separated into sections
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 apples, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Place pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples in a bowl. Stir in dark rum, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Served chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Per serving: 188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 446 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (49% daily value), Vitamin C (143% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1991