Rum-Spiked Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 1991
Pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples are dressed with rum and brown sugar for a taste of the tropics.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and separated into sections
- 1 large orange, peeled and separated into sections
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 apples, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Place pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples in a bowl. Stir in dark rum, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Served chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Per serving: 188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 446 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (49% daily value), Vitamin C (143% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1991