Rum-Spiked Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 1991
Pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples are dressed with rum and brown sugar for a taste of the tropics.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and separated into sections
- 1 large orange, peeled and separated into sections
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 apples, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Place pineapple, mango, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe and apples in a bowl. Stir in dark rum, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Served chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Per serving: 188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 446 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (49% daily value), Vitamin C (143% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- January/February 1991