Rum-Raisin Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
Dark rum is essential in making this rum-raisin frozen yogurt. It mellows when the raisins have a chance to drink up the rum overnight.
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 1 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup nonfat evaporated milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart low-fat plain yogurt
- Combine rum and raisins in a small bowl and let stand for several hours or overnight.
- Combine milk and gelatin in a small saucepan and allow gelatin to soften, about 1 minute. Stir in sugar and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat until sugar and gelatin are just dissolved. Remove from the heat and add corn syrup and vanilla. Let cool and stir in yogurt and the rum-raisin mixture.
- Transfer to an ice-cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Pack in a container and store in the freezer for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving. Allow to soften in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour before serving in chilled dishes.
Per serving: 343 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 1 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 653 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (19% daily value), Calcium (37% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 1 reduced-fat milk
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Charter Issue, 1990