Rosemary & Olive Breadsticks
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Breadsticks are a great accompaniment to so many meals. Here we press olives and rosemary into prepared pizza dough for a super quick and easy version.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon chopped, pitted, oil-cured black olives, (about 5)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place oven rack in top position. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into an approximate 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with olives and rosemary, lightly pressing them into the dough with the rolling pin. Fold the dough in half lengthwise and press with the rolling pin. Brush both sides of the dough with oil. Cut the dough crosswise into twelve 1-inch strips and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pick up a strip of dough and gently stretch it, twisting it several times. Set it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining strips. Bake until the breadsticks are well browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 145 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995