Rosemary & Olive Breadsticks
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Breadsticks are a great accompaniment to so many meals. Here we press olives and rosemary into prepared pizza dough for a super quick and easy version.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon chopped, pitted, oil-cured black olives, (about 5)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place oven rack in top position. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into an approximate 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with olives and rosemary, lightly pressing them into the dough with the rolling pin. Fold the dough in half lengthwise and press with the rolling pin. Brush both sides of the dough with oil. Cut the dough crosswise into twelve 1-inch strips and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pick up a strip of dough and gently stretch it, twisting it several times. Set it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining strips. Bake until the breadsticks are well browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Per serving: 145 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995