Rosemary-Infused Cucumber Lemonade
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Turn fresh rosemary, cucumbers and lemons into grown-up lemonade that will keep you cool on a hot day.
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup, (see Note)
- Cut 12 thin slices of cucumber for garnish.
- Peel and chop the rest of the cucumber; transfer to a food processor, add rosemary and puree. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the solids to extract all the juice. Add water, lemon juice and agave syrup to the cucumber juice; stir until the agave is dissolved. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices and rosemary sprigs.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Agave syrup or nectar is the naturally sweet juice extracted from the agave plant. It has a lower glycemic index than table sugar, but is even sweeter. Use it in moderation when substituting for table sugar. Look for it near other sweeteners in natural-foods stores.
Per serving: 71 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 240 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (32% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009