Rosemary-Infused Cucumber Lemonade
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Turn fresh rosemary, cucumbers and lemons into grown-up lemonade that will keep you cool on a hot day.
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup, (see Note)
- Cut 12 thin slices of cucumber for garnish.
- Peel and chop the rest of the cucumber; transfer to a food processor, add rosemary and puree. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the solids to extract all the juice. Add water, lemon juice and agave syrup to the cucumber juice; stir until the agave is dissolved. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices and rosemary sprigs.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Agave syrup or nectar is the naturally sweet juice extracted from the agave plant. It has a lower glycemic index than table sugar, but is even sweeter. Use it in moderation when substituting for table sugar. Look for it near other sweeteners in natural-foods stores.
Per serving: 71 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 240 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (32% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009