We loved this recipe! The roast turned out perfect, and the potatoes were crisp and flavorful. The sauce added a nice finish. I didn't have any port so I used some red wine we were having that evening and it was great! We will definitely enjoy this dish again!!!!!
Rosemary & Garlic Crusted Pork Loin with Butternut Squash & Potatoes
Pork today is so lean, the meat will be dry and crumbly if overcooked, but there are a couple of tricks to help avoid that fate. The first is to turn the pork over halfway through the cooking time so the juices will concentrate in the center of the roast instead of settling on the bottom. Second, take the roast out of the oven when it is about 5° below the recommended internal temperature, which is 160°F. The meat will continue to cook as it rests.
4 Reviews for Rosemary & Garlic Crusted Pork Loin with Butternut Squash & Potatoes
This recipe is delicious! The smell of the rosemary while it cooks is just heavenly, and the sauce really adds a nice finish. I didn'nt have any port so used some red wine we were enjoying that evening. We will definitely enjoy this dish again!!!
Amazing!!.. We substitued a syrah for the port because that was what happened to be on hand. Delicious!
Very very good, even as warmed up leftovers. Only adjustment was to scale up the spices for how much pork loin I bought and I didn't make the port sauce due to laziness. I'm sure it would have also tasted good. The pork was juicy, tender, didn't dry out, and the seasoning was perfect. Will make again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)