Romaine, Red Onion & Orange Salad
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Sweet oranges and sharp red onion perk up romaine lettuce in this colorful salad.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups washed, dried and torn romaine lettuce or escarole
- Soak onion slices in cold water for 10 minutes; drain. With a sharp knife, peel oranges, removing white pith. Slice.
- Whisk together orange juice, oil, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a salad bowl. Add lettuce, onions and orange slices; toss well.
Per serving: 131 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 111 mg sodium; 345 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992