Rolled Sugar Cookies
These make great holiday cookies when cut into shapes and decorated, but they're also a fine addition to your everyday cookie jar. We've cut the butter from an entire stick to just 2 tablespoons, cooking it until it turns a nutty brown to maximize the rich flavor.
9 Reviews for Rolled Sugar Cookies
Very good, soft cookies. Has a speckled look due to the whole wheat flour for me but covered it with frosting so you couldn't tell. Got lots of good reviews from my friends.
Luddekens/Anonymous, if you didn't find an answer yet, the dough will look like crumbs after it gets combined by the mixer. However, it comes together as you shape it into a ball/disk, and becomes super pliables as you roll it. If it's not the case, try adding an extra tsp to tbsp of oil when mixing. It could be that your flour is super-dry in some areas, and there is not enough moisture for the dough to come together. Hope that helps!
My cookies turned out like bread crumbs! I followed the receipe exactly..not sure what I did wrong..can anyone help?
OK, I just made these sugar cookies & they didn't turn out at all! I followed the receipe exactly & the cookie dough was like bread crumbs. What's the secret? Can't figure out what I did wrong.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)