I was amazed how much flavor just a little pesto could add to zucchini. I make this recipe pretty much as written, though I usually don't add salt and pepper. It's my number 1 recipe for plentiful summertime zucchini.
Roasted Zucchini & Pesto
Roasted and tossed with your favorite pesto, zucchini turns into an almost-instant summer side dish.
2 Reviews for Roasted Zucchini & Pesto
I needed a recipe that would work for multiple kinds of squash. I used acorn and butternut squash and zucchini. I cooked each type of squash separately as they have different cooking times. I also added some roasted red onions then tossed with low-fat store-bought pesto. I plan to serve with a few pieces of shaved parmesan. It was an easy recipe that tastes as good as the pesto you toss it with. I love the different squash flavors that all come together with the pesto. Yum!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (109 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (74 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)