Roasted Zucchini & Pesto
Roasted and tossed with your favorite pesto, zucchini turns into an almost-instant summer side dish.
- 2 pounds zucchini, (about 4 medium), trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss zucchini with oil in a large bowl. Spread the zucchini on the preheated baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the zucchini and continue roasting until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes more. Return the zucchini to the bowl. Add pesto, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Per serving: 107 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 119 mg sodium; 617 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Potassium (18% dv), Folate (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable