Roasted Zucchini & Pesto
Roasted and tossed with your favorite pesto, zucchini turns into an almost-instant summer side dish.
- 2 pounds zucchini, (about 4 medium), trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss zucchini with oil in a large bowl. Spread the zucchini on the preheated baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the zucchini and continue roasting until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes more. Return the zucchini to the bowl. Add pesto, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Per serving: 107 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 119 mg sodium; 617 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Potassium (18% dv), Folate (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable