Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Inspired by hunger and what's in the garden, this is a quick and flexible dish.
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper and onion with 1 tablespoon oil in a large roasting pan or a large baking sheet with sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and browned, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the roasted vegetables and toss well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve, passing feta cheese separately.
Per serving: 288 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 75 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 6 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 619 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Fiber (34% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique