Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Inspired by hunger and what's in the garden, this is a quick and flexible dish.
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper and onion with 1 tablespoon oil in a large roasting pan or a large baking sheet with sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and browned, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the roasted vegetables and toss well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve, passing feta cheese separately.
Per serving: 288 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 75 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 6 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 619 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Fiber (34% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique