Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Inspired by hunger and what's in the garden, this is a quick and flexible dish.
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper and onion with 1 tablespoon oil in a large roasting pan or a large baking sheet with sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and browned, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the roasted vegetables and toss well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve, passing feta cheese separately.
Per serving: 288 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 75 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 6 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 619 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Fiber (34% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique