Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Inspired by hunger and what's in the garden, this is a quick and flexible dish.
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper and onion with 1 tablespoon oil in a large roasting pan or a large baking sheet with sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and browned, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the roasted vegetables and toss well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve, passing feta cheese separately.
Per serving: 288 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 75 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 6 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 619 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Fiber (34% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique