Roasted Vegetable & Linguine Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Take this quick pasta salad to summer potlucks for rave reviews. Try roasting your favorite vegetables or whatever you have on hand.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Position racks in lower third and middle of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Break linguine into pieces about 3 inches long. Cook the broken linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool. Press to remove excess water. Transfer to a large bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon oil and set aside.
- Toss asparagus, scallions and bell peppers in a large bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Divide the vegetables between 2 large baking sheets, spreading them in an even layer.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, stir the vegetables and switch the positions of the baking sheets. Continue roasting, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and well-browned, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Add the vegetables to the linguine and toss to combine. Add Parmesan and vinegar and toss again.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving
Per serving: 316 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 52 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 10 g fiber; 509 mg sodium; 411 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (135% daily value), Selenium (61% dv), Vitamin A (47% dv), Magnesium (26% dv), Folate (24% dv), Iron (18% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996