Roasted Vegetable & Linguine Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Take this quick pasta salad to summer potlucks for rave reviews. Try roasting your favorite vegetables or whatever you have on hand.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Position racks in lower third and middle of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Break linguine into pieces about 3 inches long. Cook the broken linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool. Press to remove excess water. Transfer to a large bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon oil and set aside.
- Toss asparagus, scallions and bell peppers in a large bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Divide the vegetables between 2 large baking sheets, spreading them in an even layer.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, stir the vegetables and switch the positions of the baking sheets. Continue roasting, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and well-browned, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Add the vegetables to the linguine and toss to combine. Add Parmesan and vinegar and toss again.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving
Per serving: 316 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 52 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 10 g fiber; 509 mg sodium; 411 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (135% daily value), Selenium (61% dv), Vitamin A (47% dv), Magnesium (26% dv), Folate (24% dv), Iron (18% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996