Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
Invest a little extra time in this recipe to slow-roast the tomatoes and you're rewarded with a rich, earthy flavor with almost no fat.
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat an 8-inch-square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss tomatoes, garlic, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread the tomatoes in the prepared baking dish. Bake until the tomatoes are broken down and the juices are thick and syrupy, 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a blender. Add vinegar and puree. (Use caution when blending hot mixtures.) Cool completely before using.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Stir before using.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 19 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 99 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing